Saturday, July 4, 2015

happy fourth of july.

missing the fireworks because the sky takes precedence
missing the fireworks because i clean my glasses less often since i found out that you're not supposed to do it with your clothes
missing the fireworks because the law won
missing the fireworks because i totally still haven't taken my case to the united nations
missing the fireworks because i'm hiding in my bedroom
missing the fireworks out of respect for the vets
missing the fireworks out of respect for dogs
missing the fireworks in order to not tamper with my high grade coolness
missing the fireworks because they don't shut the fuck up
missing the fireworks because the country is based on a foundation of lies
missing the fireworks because the country was stolen from people who treated it well
missing the fireworks because i'm still confused about the new terminator installment
missing the fireworks because i'm recovering from my caterwaul-style panic attack earlier
missing the fireworks because i sound like lady gaga when she was mimicking edie sedgwick's voice
missing the fireworks because i'm one to gibe
missing the fireworks because i'm stubborn
missing the fireworks because i protest easily
missing the fireworks because i just looked out the window and accidentally saw one
missing the fireworks because sentiment is a diversion from what the government is really up to
missing the fireworks because i can smell them from here just fine
missing the fireworks because i know what's illegal and fireworks are
missing the fireworks because i feel worse when i go out there
missing the fireworks because i'm too used to my brain
missing the fireworks, my brain is appalled by overstatements
missing the fireworks, my brain is fried
missing the fireworks, i could just listen to my brain
missing the fireworks, i'm listening to L7
missing the fireworks, spirits are showing up in my paintings