Tuesday, June 7, 2016

the state of god.

"
i would like to be someone with whom
no one would be ashamed of any part of
herself. i would like to be able to regard
the actions of others without feeling
threatened or becoming defensive, even
when they are defensive with me- to see
others in the context of their lives, not my
own. i would like to know how to set the
right limits on how far i trust others, so
i never risk losing my respect for them or
my ability to trust. i would like to be able
to look those adversaries who should be 
allies in the eyes and say like it or not,
this is who i am. this is what the world
has made of of me, and we all must live
with the consequences. i can't change
the decades of life behind me that have
wrought this, only take responsibility
for what i am and what i do. i don't
want to compete with you for moral
high ground or anything else. unless
you're prepared to kill everyone who
doesn't live up to your standards or
else to endure this impasse indefinitely,
you're going to have to accept me
on my own terms, as i hope to accept you.
you are responsible as i am for mak-
ing what goes on between us positive
for us both- or for the world of strife
we will suffer in otherwise.
"