Friday, July 8, 2016

my mind is new.

i bought a gun
to preserve the new beauty,
something undone
from its origins-

when beauty was fact
unremoved from prevail.

i bought a gun
to defeat the enemy.
with what else but a weapon
would i do such a thing?

an enemy
is easy to believe in. the shadow is cast.

we are alone together. we are
surrounded together.

we go to a pet store
and watch the fish eat each other.
i take pictures. holy shit. hollllllyyyyy shit.

i am troubled. the enemy
is set free.
now i must save the world.

to feed the enemy
is to fill him to bursting, exactly when
he will scream my name.

at this last second
he will believe.
he will believe i have always
been there; will believe
i have always been there-

age old tradition to redeem ourselves
at the last second.

i see light as i am picked on
until i see.

this is not what i want
but i am grown, and i will give
to the source of my needs- the hope for the future
has my face
naming faith
after pride.

i am one to honor the light;
i am one to honor the light-
let me tell you how i will never go blind-
i am one to honor the light,

i will carry out the light, carry out
the new thing that we carry, carry out, carry
out, carry out until the hype dies down
and i am still seated in my throne
and
i will not abandon this light, nor have you
been told to leave.

this is my name.
this is my name.
this is my name.
this is my name.